Since 1997 Friesians4all are independent
Friesian horse specialists from Holland, selling, marketing and promoting high
quality FPS registered Friesian horses across the globe at affordable prices
See/follow us on
Website last updated 09-mrt-2014
Wij kopen ook
paarden in. Klik hier
MINIMUM QUALITY CRITERIA
Prior to sale our Friesian horses should satisfactorily pass next
( 1) - Is registered
( 2) - Has an acceptable pedigree
( 3) - Has proper conformation/gaits
( 4) - Has no
( 5) - Is trained
( 6) - Has proper
( 7) - Has a 'Super
( 8) - Has clear
willingness to work
( 9) - Is free of any
(10) - Passes
clinical health examination conducted by registered, reputable veterinary
surgeon or clinic.
- First and foremost look into the eyes of the horse. Does she/he show a soft,
curious look with large, round eyes, or does it have small and/or narrow eyes?
- Is the forehand proportionate to the hindquarter? Is the leg length
proportionate to the body depth? Is the length of the neck proportionate to
length of the back? Is the length of the head proportionate to length of the
neck? Is the overall bone and substance, such as size of hooves, proportionate
to the body mass?
- View the horse not ridden and/or tacked up to examine its natural movement.
Does the horse appear relaxed with a natural balance in all movements?
- Is the walk free and loose as opposed to short and tight?
- Is hock action proportionate to knee action? Do the shoulders move as freely
as the knees and hocks (not more or less)? Look for the degree of suspension and
animation. More is better.
- In free movement, is the length of the stride from the hindquarter equal to
the length of the forehand stride? Does the horse have natural extension in both
trot and canter? How freely does the horse move in the canter? Is there a 3-beat
canter? Does the horse have a natural 'uphill' forward movement with natural
'swing' to its back?
- A properly
schooled horse can correctly demonstrate all of the movements required for the
performance or competition level at which it is being sold.